The Houbolt Road Extension is now open, creating a faster, more efficient route between I-80 and the nation’s largest inland port.
BENEFITS for Truck Drivers
- Provides the most direct path between I-80 and intermodal centers in Joliet and Elwood
- Saves time, miles, and money
- Maximizes truck driver hours and optimizes resources
- Increases fuel savings, dependability, and efficiency
- Solution to area congestion, idling trucks, and long routes to the highway
- Supports economic and job growth in Will County, IL
- Helps reduce emissions with less idling and mileage
- All-electronic tolling = no stopping
- Private project uses no local, state, or federal funds for its construction and operation
This privately owned and operated 1.5-mile toll bridge creates a more direct connection between I-80 and the nation’s largest inland port.
CLAIM YOUR FREE TIME & MILEAGE ANALYSIS
Request a time and mileage cost analysis to learn how the Houbolt Road Extension can save your business time, miles, and money.